Friday 17 February 2012

Outspoken...

It's always been a dream, being a writer of sorts, my mum and sister can vouch for the many hours I used to spend sat at a typewriter, (showing my age now!) putting my imagination down on paper.

It's been said that everyone has a book in them, and as lovely as that idea is, time isn't always there to actually sit down in the same way I did at the age of ten. So when we started writing this blog, it brought back the more journalistic side of me, and the quick, sound bytes have been a good way to get thoughts, and opinions down. Nothing too long was the key, as no one seems to have any kind of extended attention span anymore...who have I lost already?!

So when the opportunity came up a few months ago to become one of the regular feature writers for Creative Boom, how could I possibly turn it down. 

My first published article went on-line today, titled University/Life, and the plan is to write about the issues facing creative graduates, not only the impact universities have on finding a job, the new tuition fee system effects on applications, but also real experiences from recent graduates as they cope with internships, and how they maintain creative motivation on a day-to-day basis...

If you have any issues you would like us to highlight, and submit to Creative Boom, (and if we're really really good, be featured on The Guardian website too), them we would love to hear from you.

No comments:

Post a Comment